Re: Olympic Buses

Over the past week, I've checked out:

* Olympic buses at Lidcombe (Sat)
* CityRail buses at Lidcombe (Sat)
* ferries & trains at Circular Quay (Sun and Thurs)
* Olympic buses at Penrith (Wed)
* as well as ferries and trains at Meadowbank (Thurs) at the Parramatta
River (where I finally managed to photograph a boat + train cross - would
have had a double train + boat cross except for a guy riding past on a bike)
* Trains at Meadowbank, Concord West, Strathfield, Penrith, Circular Quay,
Central, Lidcombe

All things considered, all of the things I've seen are working. Of course,
this is based on what I've seen only.

If only the resources were available year round to run such a service (I'm
especially talking about CityRail here) but they aren't. Staff must have
leave and other staff being used (volunteers and seconded staff) will not be
on hand afterwards.

I must say that if the people of Sydney were to co-operate all year round
(I'm generalising for the sake of the discussion) like the last week and the
resources and timetables are realistic, the service would be better than it
was pre Olympics.

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com