Re: Olympic Buses

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39cb1779$0$26533$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39cb1779$0$26533$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Bill Bolton" <billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org> wrote in message
> > "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not so sure. The people taking buses to Olympic Park are being
> dumped
> > > 2.2km away, near Dairy Farmers at Pippita.
> >
> > Not the ORTA spectator bus routes.  They finish at either the South
> > Gates or the North Gates depending on the route and the longest walk
> > to an Olympic Park entrance from either terminus is about 500 metres.

> as the crow flies, not by hush puppies.

> I did see a couple of Letters in the paper complaining about it, plus I
know
> someone who's marshalling buses there at the moment. I thought it was
> ridiculous, but he reckoned it was the closest they could get.,
>
> busses for athletes going to the Accreditation centre, journalists going
to either NBC or IBC
go beyond the corner of Bernie Ave and Parramatta Road.
All NOC, Coach 2000 and general charter busses are marshalled
in Bernie Ave and Bachell Sts.
Hire cars and taxi's pick up in Bernie Avenue. The only exception are Wheel
chair taxies
who can pick up or set down on the corner of Bernie and Carter and Hire cars
granted accreditation to pick up
dignitaries from Aus or abroad.
As for North Gate I don't know the arrangements.
One thing that is absolutely sure is: go by train as it is definitely easier
on the feet.
avachat.