Re: Far northern tilt train on schedule

Railway Rasputin3 wrote:

> > > But the line between Normanton and Croydon still operates as a
> tourist
> > line.
> >
> > And a damn good one it is too.  Far better than that "Savannahlander"
> > thingy...
>
> Savannahlander is just a replacement for the Forsathy-Cairns mail
> train. maybe better these days as QR co-operate the service with some
> local tourist operator. Also class 2000 rail motor is far more
> comfortable then mail van....

When did 1A90 run with a mail van for passengers?   When I rode it, it had
wooden passenger cars which were infinitely more comfortable than that
Savvanahlander garbage.  It was also much cheaper, as I didn't need to get
accomodation in non-air conditioned hotels overnight.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au