Re: $550m to speed up Vic rail services

> For the sake of special steam services, let's hope it includes resignalling
> the Bendigo line with automatic signalling to allow 'follow on moves'. If
> 160 kph running is brought in with the current block signalling currently in
> place you can kiss goodbye nearly every available path for slower special
> trains.

Yes I think for $800 Million you will get automatic signalling.

:( I like the interlocked gates at Kyneton and the double line block.

> Likewise for Ballarat, at least another loop is required around Ballan, the
> current timetable makes it almost impossible to find a decent path as it is.
> As for Geelong, bite the bullet Bracksy and electrify, it's the only
> sensible thing to do.

I understand more than 1/2 the money will be spent in the suburban area,
ie more tracks, after all most lines could easily run at 160 km/h now,
so you speed up the suburban part and you have cut those 10-20 minutes
off the journey they are promising.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news