Re: Stepbacks and Meal Reliefs

In article <39c0d0ed$0$17751$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "MattyQ" <mattyq1009@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
SNIP
> Where a 10 minte meal comes in is if a train is running very late and
for
> some reason, an incoming crew has not been deferred. If crew falls
due for a
> meal whilst still on the passenger service, they get ten minutes but
must be
> at a particular station where they have access to hot water etc. Like
> said, it is rare it happens.

We must get a 30 minute break plus walking time. If we do not have time
to pick up our next train then a cover driver must work our next train
until we are able to pick it up. If there is no cover avaiable then the
train is worked to the nearst depot or siding by the driver to be
relieved or "sits down" on the platform until the driver can be
relieved.

> > > What is a "Step back"?
> >
> > When you get off one train (not for a meal relief) and then pick up
> > another train either in the same or opposite direction.
>
> For suburban stuff, a minimum of 5 minutes usually.
> >
> > > Matt Smith
> > > Brisbane, Australia
> > >
> > > Email - mattyq1009@dingoblue.net.au
> > >
> > > Notice - All comments and opinions made herein are that of the
author
> > only
> > > and do not represent the official view of QR. All text included in
> > this post
> > > (and/or reply) is copyright to the author. This message may not be
> > > reproduced in whole or in part without the express written
permission
> > of the
> > > author.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/