Re: OT Police Officer Ties

In article <39c232ba$0$15422@motown.iinet.net.au>, geracen@wantree.com.au
(Neil Gerace) wrote:

> Erk <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote in message
> 39c1d0e2@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39c1d0e2@news.iprimus.com.au...
> > I think that at least in NSW, it is non tie season for Police now.
> > I've
> seen
> > many Police without them in Sydney.
> >
> > Personally, I hate ties and they should be banned for ever.
> >
> I think cops (and train drivers) should not wear ties, they can get in
> the
> way and are therefore dangerous. Some oik can grab your tie and hang you
> with it.

In the UK at least. the ties and the women police officers' scarves do not
actually go round the neck - they are clip on things, ready tied, which
clip on to the collar. See almost any episode of The Bill
(www.thebill.com).

Richard Hunt
Calcaria Software Services, Tadcaster UK
http://www.calcaria.co.uk

Independent Advice and Training - I am not a Serif employee.