Re: Old Castle Hill branch

Hello,

In article <8srntb$r0g$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  maikha@my-deja.com wrote:
> to all
>
> there's my interest in old railway lines and workshops.
> This discussion has persuaded me to try to re-follow the line at
> present.
> Always next to my computer I have a Gregory's Street Directory.
> I have plotted the location in which there are remains or anything
else
> of the line which has come from all who replied.
>
> -The remains near Westmead Hospital are on Redbank Rd. which there is
> creek bridge across Toongabbee Creek.
>
> -The Park in Castle Hill I would infer to be "Arthur Witling Park"
> which is across the road from Castle Towers and across the Northern
Rd.
> from Terminus St.

No, I am quite sure the signal is in Castle Hill Park (that's what it
is called in the 2000 Gregories), which is between Old Castle Hill Road
and Old Northern Road, in front of  Castle Towers. I think Arthur
Whitling is a smaller reserve slightly further south along Old Northern
Road. Whether or not the railway ever actually went here I do not know.

> -Terminus st. is behind the shopping centre near (actually along) the
> Old Northern Road.

Yes.

> -the burger King in North Parramatta that I don't know (I'll look
> somewhere like phone book).

If it is the new one, it is on the corner of Windsor Road and Briens
Road.

> -Travelling on the Western Line today I tried looking out towards the
> North While apporaching Westmead. mmm....that would be useless after
50
> or 60yrs!!!! but wait....I'm having suspicion at a creek just after
> Wentworthville and something along "Reid Av".
>
> -The Park at Northmead along Windsor Rd. I'd think is Moxham Park
along
> Whitehaven Rd.

No, I am quite sure the park is different to Moxhams reserve. The park
is a small strip of land between Windsor Road and a street running
parallel to it.