Re: Old Castle Hill branch

to all

there's my interest in old railway lines and workshops.
This discussion has persuaded me to try to re-follow the line at
present.
Always next to my computer I have a Gregory's Street Directory.
I have plotted the location in which there are remains or anything else
of the line which has come from all who replied.

-The remains near Westmead Hospital are on Redbank Rd. which there is a
creek bridge across Toongabbee Creek.

-The Park in Castle Hill I would infer to be "Arthur Witling Park"
which is across the road from Castle Towers and across the Northern Rd.
from Terminus St.

-Terminus st. is behind the shopping centre near (actually along) the
Old Northern Road.

-the burger King in North Parramatta that I don't know (I'll look
somewhere like phone book).

-Travelling on the Western Line today I tried looking out towards the
North While apporaching Westmead. mmm....that would be useless after 50
or 60yrs!!!! but wait....I'm having suspicion at a creek just after
Wentworthville and something along "Reid Av".

-The Park at Northmead along Windsor Rd. I'd think is Moxham Park along
Whitehaven Rd.

So my conclusion would be that the old line would have gone behind
Westmead hospital and along Windsor Rd than the Old Northern rd to
Terminus.

So that's probably it.....I will one day revisit this line from my own
information above and try to grab a few shots.
If any of it is incorrect, someone please correct it!

Thanks
Maikha "V" Ly

<choochoo72@mailcity.com> wrote:

> >The Camden thread reminded me that a while ago someone told me there
was
> >a Castle Hill branch line, does anyone have any info on this?
> >

> ARHS Bulletin MAY 1998 has a ten page article by John Oakes on that
railway.   ARHS Bulletin June
> 1955 has an article by CC Singleton as well.
>
> Back copies available from ARHS at their usual address.
>
> Cheers
> Peter

> Peter & Susan Cokley
> petan @ powerup.com.au
> http://www.welcome.to/petan
> For personal replies to this message, remove NOSPAM from our address
to avoid bounced mail.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.