Re: [WA] Big plans for Perth (passenger)

Neil Gerace <geracen@wantree.com.au> wrote in message
39f131b8$0$18992@motown.iinet.net.au">news:39f131b8$0$18992@motown.iinet.net.au...
> The Marginal Seat Railway (Kenwick - Mandurah) will be given the green
light
> (whatever the railway talk for that is) and also the Midland line will be
> re-extended to Bellevue. Plus what I don't like is, a new station on the
> Joondalup line is to be built at Greenwood. I mean, didn't they design the
> stations there to be fed by buses, what's the point of another station?
The
> Joondalup line will be extended past Currambine, to Clarkson I think.
> Currambine Station will have to be demolished and rebuilt at a lower
> elevation because right now the line would go off the edge of a cliff if
it
> was extended.
> Duh! Why couldn't it have been built at the correct elevation to begin
with?

> cheers
> Neil

Neil is referring to the fact that the line is built on a very high mound
(about 20 ft). They will build a bridge over the road where the line ends
and a high embankment for the line to continue on the other side of the
road. This is very common in Melbourne and dispenses with the need for level
crossings. If only they would do the same at Springvale Road in Nunawading.

cheers peter