VIC Met/VLP tickets for interurban services (Was Pakenham)

Maybe they did what I did once...........

I travelled Spencer Street to Werribee on the Met and had a Met ticket (it
was before M*****d). I got off at Werribee (and had a gunzel there), bought
a VLP return ticket to Geelong from Werribee then caught the VLP train to
Geelong. On the way back, I boarded the VLP all the way to Melbourne.

btw, if I buy a VLP ticket to Geelong from Spencer Street, can I use that on
a WCR service?

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com

This post was brought to you with
the assistance of the shift,
space bar and full stop keys

James C. wrote in message <8sgo09$sgi$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
|In article <8FD072003gunzelT333@139.130.239.94>,
|  usenet.spam@gunzel.net (Michael) wrote:
|> Ben <smithb@alphalink.com.au> wrote in article
|> <39ec3be7@news.alphalink.com.au>:
|>
|> >Is it possible to travel on V/line trains  Berwick and Packenham
|to/from
|> >Melbourne using a Metcard,
|Yes.
|
|>it would beat been stuck on a hitachi all
|> >that way.
|And from what I see, VLP passengers are better in a way....
|

|>If that is so, then is it also possible to also travel
|> >Werribee to/from Melbourne on V/line (without hiding in the toilet
|when
|> >the conductor goes past).
|I don't know if this is allow, but I took Geelong service a few times
|and saw people get on at Werribee heading to Melbourne, the conductor
|either juct check ticket or didn't care.
|
| > Sometimes in the peak I'd like to be able to jump on the Seymour
|pass and
|> jump off at Broadmeadows, but have never done so - it doesn't save
|that
|> much time.
|
|I saw people got on at SSS and jump off at Sunshine or St Albans before
|on Ballarat/Bendigo service, when you have a Metcard it doesn't really
|tells you where you are heading to.
|
|But once I was on an ex-Traralgon train, the conductor took about 5
|minutes to get rid of around a dozen passengers jumped on at Caulfield
|wanted to get to Melbourne.

|--