Re: Pakenham

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is it possible to travel on V/line trains  Berwick and Packenham to/from
> > Melbourne using a Metcard, it would beat been stuck on a hitachi all that
> > way. If that is so, then is it also possible to also travel Werribee
> to/from
> > Melbourne on V/line (without hiding in the toilet when the conductor goes
> > past).

It all comes down to "Where the Stopping Conditions Allow"

The VLP times at Berwick (when they stop there) and Pakenham are not
marked, so anyone can get on/off.  Every where else is marked either "d"
(up trains, set Down only) or "u" (down trains, pick Up only).

> At least for the moment you can do it from both stations, although I have
> only seen one city bound train stop at berwick. Its actually pretty common
> to hear a PA announcement at Packenam telling people to get on the V/Line
> train. I arent sure how much longer this will continue for as this pisses
> off a lot of the country commuters. For the train that leaves Traralgon at
> 0600 they nearly need an extra carriage for all the passengers at packenham.
> Word was back in Febuary when I was doing morwell - dandenong every day is
> that the conductors dont like it, and for anybody that asks they tell them
> to write a letter to stop this happening, also heard somewhere along the way
> that they will be stopping it at the end of the year. I guess only time will
> tell

There is a long standing agreement from when electric trains were
extended to Pakenham that the people from Pakenham and Berwick would
still have access to the VLP trains.

I don't think you can change this in a hurry.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news