Re: Pakenham

Ben <smithb@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
39ec3be7@news.alphalink.com.au">news:39ec3be7@news.alphalink.com.au...
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to travel on V/line trains  Berwick and Packenham to/from
> Melbourne using a Metcard, it would beat been stuck on a hitachi all that
> way. If that is so, then is it also possible to also travel Werribee
to/from
> Melbourne on V/line (without hiding in the toilet when the conductor goes
> past).

At least for the moment you can do it from both stations, although I have
only seen one city bound train stop at berwick. Its actually pretty common
to hear a PA announcement at Packenam telling people to get on the V/Line
train. I arent sure how much longer this will continue for as this pisses
off a lot of the country commuters. For the train that leaves Traralgon at
0600 they nearly need an extra carriage for all the passengers at packenham.
Word was back in Febuary when I was doing morwell - dandenong every day is
that the conductors dont like it, and for anybody that asks they tell them
to write a letter to stop this happening, also heard somewhere along the way
that they will be stopping it at the end of the year. I guess only time will
tell