Re: Pakenham

In article <8FD072003gunzelT333@139.130.239.94>,
  usenet.spam@gunzel.net (Michael) wrote:
> Ben <smithb@alphalink.com.au> wrote in article
> <39ec3be7@news.alphalink.com.au>:
>
> >Is it possible to travel on V/line trains  Berwick and Packenham
to/from
> >Melbourne using a Metcard,
Yes.

>it would beat been stuck on a hitachi all
> >that way.
And from what I see, VLP passengers are better in a way....

>If that is so, then is it also possible to also travel
> >Werribee to/from Melbourne on V/line (without hiding in the toilet
when
> >the conductor goes past).
I don't know if this is allow, but I took Geelong service a few times
and saw people get on at Werribee heading to Melbourne, the conductor
either juct check ticket or didn't care.

 > Sometimes in the peak I'd like to be able to jump on the Seymour
pass and
> jump off at Broadmeadows, but have never done so - it doesn't save
that
> much time.

I saw people got on at SSS and jump off at Sunshine or St Albans before
on Ballarat/Bendigo service, when you have a Metcard it doesn't really
tells you where you are heading to.

But once I was on an ex-Traralgon train, the conductor took about 5
minutes to get rid of around a dozen passengers jumped on at Caulfield
wanted to get to Melbourne.

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin