Re: Favor to ask

Peter Berrett wrote in message ...

>Liverpool

Not sure if this is the one referred to here, but there was a drive-in
theatre located in Casula, on the Hume Highway, north of Myall Rd. and south
of Kurrajong Rd. for many years. I think it was usually called "Prestons"
though (even though the suburb of Prestons doesn't begin until 1km or more
to the west.)

It closed around 1985 or so - I definitely remember going there and watching
"E.T." and "Romancing The Stone" around that time. The area was developed
over from 1987 onwards, and is now a lower middle-class housing estate and
retirement village called "Maple Grove", I think.

Now, how great it would have been to get the Main South rail line off the
Georges River floodplain, up "Killer Hill" and to where people actually
live - up on the plains to the west of the Georges River and to the south of
Liverpool! Casula is actually quite a nice place to live (well nice compared
to, hmmm, Claymore or Bidwill or Macdonaldtown), and it annoys me that
people judge it by that crappy little station that looks like it's in the
middle of nowhere in a graffiti-infested hollow with that old power
station....

Regards,
Bradley.
Resident, suburb of Casula