Re: The Great Tangara Showdown (Was: Re: [NSW] Tangarra + 3801)

1) Do you like Tangaras? [Yes/No]
Yes - where else in Australia can you get a 140km/h sprint on what is
basically an all stations suburban train (down Loftus Bank).

 2) Is the Tangara your favourite EMU? [Yes/No]
No.  Any car with re-installed opening door windows is preferable - they
make a ride through the Airport Line far more interesting.

3) Do you like the 4D? [Yes/No]
N/A - It's been out of service every time I'm in Melbourne (7 or 8 times in
the last 18 months).

4) Is the 4D your favourite EMU? [Yes/No]
N/A - see 3.

6) What is your direct relationship with the Tangara/4D?
Regular passenger, Blue Mountains (well at least to Springwood), main west,
East Hills and Illawarra lines

7) Which is better, the Tangara or the 4D?
N/A - see 3.

8) Give a description as to why you like or dislike the Tangara/4D
Like - acceleration, speed and braking.  Comfortable seats if I prop your
knees up against the seat in front, wide doorways for faster
from a distance..
Dislike - "all over the place" suspension and fogged windows.

Chris