Re: NSW steam loco boilers

Quite interesting when Steamranger only ever had 4 steam locomotives:
Rx 207, Rx 224, 520 & 621.  The F class gives them 5, a figure that
they reached 2 years ago(?).  Steamranger has nver had 5 locomotives in
steam at once, and probably never will.

Brett

In article <RjvF5.55$PK1.5239@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> Chris Stratton (stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au) wrote:
> > I was recently going through my Roundhouse magazines and there was
a photo
> > taken at Thirlmere showing 2705 3001 3137 3642 5910 in steam and
the caption
> > had something like "How many other preservation groups in Australia
could
> > have 5 locos in steam at any one time?".
>
> Queensland Rail ad Puffing Billy.
>
> Steamrail used to be able to, and I think so did SteamRanger at one
stage.

> Cheers
> David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/