Re: NSW steam loco boilers

steamfreak <steamfreak711@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Chris Stratton <stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au> wrote in message
> 8s0m44$jjf$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au">news:8s0m44$jjf$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au...
> > "david" <david@nmit.vic.edu.au> wrote in message
> > 39E3D9BF.AEC2F656@nmit.vic.edu.au">news:39E3D9BF.AEC2F656@nmit.vic.edu.au...
> > > Are there enough 'spare' boliers lying around for the 38's ???
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > David Head
> > >
> > There are no spare 38 class boilers. The NSWRTM has spare 36 class boilers
> > as these were used as stationary steam supply as some of the workshops.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Chris Stratton
> > Wollongong, NSW, Australia
>
> I saw a 36 class boiler at Junee Roundhouse recently, looked like it had
> also seen use as a stationary boiler.  Anyone know where this came from?
>
> Trev.

ARHS Canberra recently took delivery of a 36 class boiler (why??). It
was in the most recent Federal City Express newsletter. Maybe the same
one?

Pity about the RTM's attitude. I remember we had five servicable locos
at one time when I was an active member: 3001 3137 3642 5461 5910.

Adrian.

--
Dr A.P. Whichello                                 Phone: +61 2 6201 2431
Electrical Engineering & Applied Physics         Fax: +61 2 6201 5041

"I wish to God these calculations had been executed by Steam!" C.Babbage