Re: Sydney Bus Olympic Fleet

Michael <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote
> >You take that sort of attitude on the bus with you and its no wonder the
> >driver treats you like that. They are after all only human and deserve
> >to be treated as such.
>
> Of course Tezza is right. A bus driver should be conversant in customer
> service skills, many aren't. I jumped onto the 510 (Ivanhoe-Essendon) bus
> one day, carrying a large box in both hands and my Metcard between two
> fingers to show the driver. Very rudely, he spoke out "You're sposed to
put
> that in the validator". My response was "How? You can see my hands are
> full". I proceeded to put the box on the seat, and THEN dunk my ticket
into
> the validator. Unfortunately, past experience has gathered, many bus
> drivers are rude, inconsiderate pricks.

I think that there are good and bad Bus drivers as there are good and bad in
all professions. Moonee Valley Bus Lines (Melbourne Rts 503, 506) have VERY
good bus drivers, they are always friendly and do their best to help you.
Then there is National's Fitzroy Depot. When National took over, there was
very low Morale, and the drivers were real pricks, but they seem to have
improved of late...

Sam