Re: [Melb] Tram Conductors

Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in article
<39E457EB.D5F01C1B@efs.mq.edu.au>:

>David Lindstrom wrote:
>>

>> I really think that there's no getting away from the fact that
>> you really do need conductors on trams. Metcard works fine with
>> buses and trains, but it's a hopeless system for trams.
>
>Here we go again with that old favourite.
>
>Perhaps the new trams should be designed to look like buses, so that
>either (a) Metcard will then work, or (b) some new excuse would then
>have to be found?

Once again, someone north of the border, out of touch with how our public
transport in Melbourne works, claims to be Metcard God. Everyone, listen to
Eddie, he might have some wisdom to offer! (-:

Oh yeah, you board a bus from one door, a tram from all doors.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).