Re: [NSW] Post Olympics

"Ivan Smith"
> "Daniel Bowen"
> > "Tezza"
> > > Ok, I'll say it, Asians are rude and pushy when it comes to public
> places,
> > they push in line and they stand right in front of train
> > > doors and elevator doors, forcing the people getting off to have to push
> > through them. I see it every day. The Japs and the Indians
> > > don't seem to do it though. The only way anyone could deny this is to
> look at it through their PC blinkers.
>
> It's considered the domian of the upper classes in Mainland China for them
> to have manners. Therefore the common people aren't taught manners, in
> accordance with the Communist ethic in that country.

I thought communism was the classless society.

> I've noticed that every single native speaking Chinese that gets on a train
> in Sydney, will not talk at normal volume to each other, but will often sit
> one apart, or across the isle and shout it at each other.

Don't get too many Chinese up in the cab, so I wouldn't know.

> You can't read a
> book while this is going on, or concentrate on anything for that matter. The
> younger Australian/Chinese around the Hurstville area also seem to be
> obsessed with junky portable games and mobile phones which make the most
> hideous and annoying repetative noises.
>
> It is true, from my experience at least, that they attempt to be first in
> line, first on the train/bus and do disobey guidelines along the lines of
> "please remain behind the yellow line untill all passengers have alighted
> from the carrage",

It was good to see that enforced during the Olympics.

BUT that said I have just about had it with all of the
> less committed people on the Sydney suburban train system, especially old
> people who are so self centred it's not funny, that insist on pushing you
> back into the carrage at stations. It's being treated like shit by other
> commuters that I suspect has made the olds like this. I don't blame them
> though. It's hard to keep my temper and not say anything harsh or
> judgemental when you are walking into a wall of old people. (one must
> consider fragile bones, mental problems and other things before attacking
> old people for just standing in your way ;)
>
> There are some friggin' pigs in Sydney on the commuter system though.
> Absolute scum of the earth.

No need to attack the guards.

> I can understand the reasons for the apparent general Chinese problem
> (Australian Chinese are better than traditional immigrant Chinese IMO - a
> generalisation I know) and the old people, but I can't handle the basic lack
> of empathy displayed by the citizens of Sydney.
>
> There is a law in NSW which says that pedistrians must keep to the left
> whist walking.

I think you'll find that it's not actually a law - I'm open to correction on
that though. Another of my pet hates. I keep saying "We keep to the left in
this country" wherever they're from. Plenty of dumb Aussies are culprits too.

 Does that get adhered to? NO -Try - all to the right and
> bugger anyone walking left. It's a joke, and I do the same as I have now
> taken to doing with the trains, which is to just barge through uttering
> inane utterances, or reciting "please remain behind the yellow line...."

> Really, if these self centred pricks would wake up to themselves, and keep
> behind lines, walk left and orderly(single file when required) then every
> one would get to where they are going so much sooner and with less stress.
> Women with prams are another bastard act, but I won't get into that horrible
> little area in this post.
>
> Muliculturalism is generally a good thing

I disagree. Immigration was better before the multiculturalism garbage.

BUT it falls over when it comes to