Re: [NSW] Post Olympics

"Boris"
> > More generous standing times at major stations? (again wouldn't mind)
>
> This (recovery time) is partly the solution, but the reason must be
> clear, Sydney trains are notoriously slow to load and unload (too many
> bodies, not enough doors) so station dwell times do need increasing.
> Certain groups within our community have failed to work out that
> standing in front of the doorway or pushing on as soon as the doors have
> opened only increases the dwell time further, apart from being extremely
> bad manners.

Not game to name them?  :-)

> Other options are:
> * Be a bit more flexible and not hold on/near time services in
>   preference to late running services just to keep the sequence ok.

This is one of the big reasons for delays now, I don't know what their obsession with it is.

>   This does require improved customer information.

They've issued the guards mobile phones and pagers for this very purpose - yet didn't use it during the big delays on Tuesday night.

> * Improve the ability of 4 and 6 car sets to stop at a consistant
>   point along the platform - perhaps it is about time the stopping
>   position was made clear to the travelling public and perhaps
>   standardized as the end or middle of the platform.

The stations that actually have markings, the idea is to have the train pull up near the stairs, that's why the markings appear
inconsistant.

> * Measure on time performance at more points other than Central, eg
>   Granville, Strathfield, Liverpool, Hurstville etc.

And ruin their performance figures?