Re: [NSW] Post Olympics

"Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
jzCC5.832$aD2.2162@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:jzCC5.832$aD2.2162@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> 39d9d31f$0$12426$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d9d31f$0$12426$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > Ok, I'll say it, Asians are rude and pushy when it comes to public
places,
> they push in line and they stand right in front of train
> > doors and elevator doors, forcing the people getting off to have to push
> through them. I see it every day. The Japs and the Indians
> > don't seem to do it though. The only way anyone could deny this is to
look
> at it through their PC blinkers.

It's considered the domian of the upper classes in Mainland China for them
to have manners. Therefore the common people aren't taught manners, in
accordance with the Communist ethic in that country.

I've noticed that every single native speaking Chinese that gets on a train
in Sydney, will not talk at normal volume to each other, but will often sit
one apart, or across the isle and shout it at each other. You can't read a
book while this is going on, or concentrate on anything for that matter. The
younger Australian/Chinese around the Hurstville area also seem to be
obsessed with junky portable games and mobile phones which make the most
hideous and annoying repetative noises.

It is true, from my experience at least, that they attempt to be first in
line, first on the train/bus and do disobey guidelines along the lines of
"please remain behind the yellow line untill all passengers have alighted
from the carrage", BUT that said I have just about had it with all of the
less committed people on the Sydney suburban train system, especially old
people who are so self centred it's not funny, that insist on pushing you
back into the carrage at stations. It's being treated like shit by other
commuters that I suspect has made the olds like this. I don't blame them
though. It's hard to keep my temper and not say anything harsh or
judgemental when you are walking into a wall of old people. (one must
consider fragile bones, mental problems and other things before attacking
old people for just standing in your way ;)

There are some friggin' pigs in Sydney on the commuter system though.
Absolute scum of the earth.

I can understand the reasons for the apparent general Chinese problem
(Australian Chinese are better than traditional immigrant Chinese IMO - a
generalisation I know) and the old people, but I can't handle the basic lack
of empathy displayed by the citizens of Sydney.

There is a law in NSW which says that pedistrians must keep to the left
whist walking. Does that get adhered to? NO -Try - all to the right and
bugger anyone walking left. It's a joke, and I do the same as I have now
taken to doing with the trains, which is to just barge through uttering
inane utterances, or reciting "please remain behind the yellow line...."

Really, if these self centred pricks would wake up to themselves, and keep
behind lines, walk left and orderly(single file when required) then every
one would get to where they are going so much sooner and with less stress.
Women with prams are another bastard act, but I won't get into that horrible
little area in this post.

Muliculturalism is generally a good thing BUT it falls over when it comes to
sides of the road, local customs and by-laws. Hence the number of people
that don't speak or read English and walk on the right side (common in Asia,
the US, the UK and almost everywhere else).

I can't handle Chinese and Indians (and some Lebanese and Palistian and
extracts) on the trains, spitting and hooning about with their feet up,
asleep across a 3 seater, leaving their trash behind on the seat and
generally making it hard for the other commuters in the carrage.

The ethinic crush between Hurstville and Sydenham on the Illawarra Line in
Sydney is disguisting and is nothing more than a headache for me. Especially
Kogarah and Rockdale.

> Must be a Sydney thing, though I haven't noticed it on my visits to
Sydney.

Go south on the Illawarra and you'll see it.

> In Melbourne it always seems to be ocker Australian slobs who ride the
> platform between the carriages smoking, and/or exhale their cigarette
smoke
> after entering the carriage, put their feet on the seats, drink booze and
> smoke in the carriages at night...

They do that here too. Except they aren't ockers necessarily. I've
personally noticed Redfern Aborginal kids smoking and drinking between the
carrages and that's a real worry for me. Worry for them and sadness that I
can't seem to find a city Aborignal that isn't f#$!@ed up by living
with/amogst whites.

> But of course, we wouldn't want to be generalising now, would we?

Yes. ;)

Ivan