Re: SCT to Perth, questions

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 01:10:06 GMT, The Narc <gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.net.au>
wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 08:57:18 +1030, Neil Waller
><waller@picknowl.com.au> wrote:
>
>>David Bromage wrote:
>>>
>>> On a related note, some of the Gs have been fitted with auxiliary fuel
>>> hoses. Is there a standard fitting or will each railway adopt their own?
>>> I think QR is the only other operator with auxiliary fuel hoses on some
>>> locos.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> David
>>
>>I have seen the FA hauled SCT arrive in Adelaide with a fuel tanker
>>coupled to the locos then the crew car then the train.    Saves them
>>using ASR at Cook for fuel.
>>
>>Neil Waller
>At a alleged price of $5.00 a litre too i'm told
>As ASR was pissed at freight universe pirating their drivers for this
>service but freight universe was offering .75  time whilst in the
>relay van as opposed to ASR's zero so it must have been an easy
>decision for them to make!!!
>regards
>Regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)

Pauls comments lead to an interesting question.
Who owns the town of Cook?
It used to be an AN town with a population of 220 and a school and a
hospital.
I beleive now it has a population of 3 ,and everything else is closed.
I guess that ASR owns the fuel facility, what about the barracks .
Does NRC use crew cars across the TAR?

MD