Re: SCT to Perth, questions

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 08:57:18 +1030, Neil Waller
<waller@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>David Bromage wrote:
>>
>> On a related note, some of the Gs have been fitted with auxiliary fuel
>> hoses. Is there a standard fitting or will each railway adopt their own?
>> I think QR is the only other operator with auxiliary fuel hoses on some
>> locos.
>>
>> Cheers
>> David
>
>I have seen the FA hauled SCT arrive in Adelaide with a fuel tanker
>coupled to the locos then the crew car then the train.    Saves them
>using ASR at Cook for fuel.
>
>Neil Waller
At a alleged price of $5.00 a litre too i'm told
As ASR was pissed at freight universe pirating their drivers for this
service but freight universe was offering .75  time whilst in the
relay van as opposed to ASR's zero so it must have been an easy
decision for them to make!!!
regards
Regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)