Re: Privatisation of Australia's railways

> Please, what expectations did you have?
> Alice Springs - Darwin consortium member, BHP (OneSteel) railroad
system
> operator (Whyalla system),
>Westrail consortium member,
>increased grain
> tonnages, profitability, steady growth in workforce numbers, increased
> number of locomotives ......
> Just exactly what expectations did you have?  Free steam hauled Gunzel
> specials to the Barossa ?  Charity freight operations (we will pay
you, if
> you allow us to haul your train) like ........ No, maybe we shouldn't
go
> down that path ............

Lost SCT contract to FA, not interested in upgrade mainline nor reopen
branch(Mt Gambier line).

Make tourist operator living hell(Bluebird's proposal to service
Angaston but was hampered by ASR's very expensive access charge, but
ASR don't even run to Angaston)

Finally not a good advocate towards railway industry nor promote
railway industry.
--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin