Re: Privatisation of Australia's railways

In article <3a1a6da0$0$19413$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

> "Dennis Maddock" <drjmaddock@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> lbtS5.40388$SF5.720753@ozemail.com.au">news:lbtS5.40388$SF5.720753@ozemail.com.au...
> > To all,
> >
> > I am not very impressed that the State and Federal Governments are
all for
> > privatisation of the majority of  our rail assets. Looking at
recent media
> > articles, the government seems to only look at short term profit
and not
> > long term losses of revenue.
>
> Except that I think most of them are actually losing money.

Is the NRC (the grand experiment) losing money?

> What does everyone else think about this issue
> > ? Can it be stopped ? It would certainly be hard to stop
multinationals or
> > influence their behaviour !

Despite the all the noise about multinationals, US railway companies
have a history of making money. By successfully generating freight
revenue.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.