Preservation was >> Re: Dorrigo 19th Century Treasures

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> "John Kerley" <deaftech@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> SbGQ5.32795$SF5.595713@ozemail.com.au">news:SbGQ5.32795$SF5.595713@ozemail.com.au...
> > I find the slagging off of railway preservationists by those who want to
> > play trains extremely tiresome.
>
> Nobody is doing that. What is being criticised is the practice of some
> groups to acquire equipment in order to prevent others from obtaining it.
> They are basically being selfish and obstructionist.
>
> Dave

Problem is Dave, WHO gets to decide what.?
Perhaps a preserved rail "star chamber". :)
>From the legal side, and I know stuff all about that, I
can see some legal bun fights, ....read Dorrigo.
I suppose, first in, best dressed.

I know what you are saying and I agree, just too much
good stuff laying around and I know from up here in the
Alice where opportunity after opportunity went wasted.

The only surviving Commonwealth Railways NT class
narrow gauge loco is on the PRR out of Quorn SA.
Yes, I am pretty pissed off, but cant blame PRR, they
were "quick" as always, even though the NT's ran light
engine through Pichi Richi pass on their delivery to
Port Augusta via Quorn.  They will al2ways live on in
PRR folklore.

Their real place was up here in the Northern Territory,
where they hauled heavy iron trains over the very
difficult and restricted North Australia Railway, and
the O'l Ghan as well, they even hauled the last narrow
gauge train out of the NT.

....Tell