[MELB] Help wanted - Travel to Flinders Street from suburban lines

Can any of you Melbournites help me out?

We are planning to bring our daughter to Melbourne from NSW for an
Australian Ballet summer school at Southbank. For ease of access, we thought
train to Flinders Street and walk would be best.

We are looking at tourist park accommodation at Coburg, Dandenong and
Chelsea [needs to be reasonably priced for the family to stay a week].

Which of these options would give us the best frequency of service to
Flinders Street in the am and home again in the pm.

Graham Smith