Re: [MELB] Help wanted - Travel to Flinders Street from suburban lines

Graham Smith wrote:

> Can any of you Melbournites help me out?
>
> We are planning to bring our daughter to Melbourne from NSW for an
> Australian Ballet summer school at Southbank. For ease of access, we thought
> train to Flinders Street and walk would be best.
>
> We are looking at tourist park accommodation at Coburg, Dandenong and
> Chelsea [needs to be reasonably priced for the family to stay a week].
>
> Which of these options would give us the best frequency of service to
> Flinders Street in the am and home again in the pm.
>
> Graham Smith

I agree with Alan - check the Bayside timetables and also consider that
each of the 3 parks you mentioned are a bit of distance from the
station.  Bus timetables may need to be considered also.
Certainly at the city end you will have no trouble at all, and your plan
is fine.  Bus fares are included in the fare structure for the zoned
railfare.  The Chelsea park is probably practical to walk to the
station, but not Dandenong.

Cheers,

Stewart.