Re: [MELB] Help wanted - Travel to Flinders Street from suburban lines

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 17:32:43 +1100, Graham Smith <dysonsmith@idx.com.au> wrote:
>Can any of you Melbournites help me out?
>
>We are planning to bring our daughter to Melbourne from NSW for an
>Australian Ballet summer school at Southbank. For ease of access, we thought
>train to Flinders Street and walk would be best.
>
>We are looking at tourist park accommodation at Coburg, Dandenong and
>Chelsea [needs to be reasonably priced for the family to stay a week].
>
>Which of these options would give us the best frequency of service to
>Flinders Street in the am and home again in the pm.
>
>Graham Smith
You're best bet would be to look at the Bayside Trains website
(http://www.baysidetrains.com.au), Coburg is on the Upfield line,
Dandenong on the Pakenham & Cranbourne lines, and Chelsea is on the
Frankston line. Dandenong would cost more than Chelsea & Coburg to travel
from.

Cheers,
Alan
--