Re: [NSW] Cab Photos (Important?)

Yeah the Countrylink Destinations sound reasonable. I was on an XPT in
1994 and a few more years after going to Brissy (Brisbane, an
unofficial Aus.Rail abbreviation!).

Yeah the scenery is very nice along the way especially the view of
Broken Bay.

It was last year I was with someone who was going domestic on an XPT, I
asked the driver of the arriving XPT to view the cab and he let me.

Just remembered that one!

Thanks.
Maikha "v" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
P.S. The second time on an XPT my XPT was RIGHT at the end of the
platform in Brissy!

$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> | I always thought that XPT drivers enjoy the view along the line
> | (Preferably Central Coast, Blue Mountains or Southernhigh Lands) but
> | they have to glue their eyes on the rails (And I'm sure you all know
> | why).
> |
> | I'll try that sometime, By the way, is it possible to catch a
> | Contrylink XPT to a station in the Intercity Network? (Lets say
Dungog
> | or Lithgow, Cost won't be a matter)
> |

> | thanks
> | MAikha "V" Ly
> |

> From Sydney, you can go to the following stations on the CityRail
> intercity/regional network and make a booking on the day of travel
with
> CountryLink:
>
> WEST: Lithgow, Bathurst on WT27/28 Central West XPT. Stops at
Strathfield,
> Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith, Katoomba to pick up only on the down
and to
> set down on the up
>
> NORTH
>
> Broadmeadow, Maitland, Dungog on NT1/2 Brisbane XPT, NT25/26 Grafton
XPT,
> NT3/4 North Coast XPT. Stops at Strathfield, Hornsby, Gosford, Wyong
to pick
> up/set down only respectively. It also stops at Fassifern but I'm not
sure
> if it is a restricted stop.
>
> SOUTH
>
> Moss Vale, Goulburn on ST1/2 Southern Cross XPT (overnight, but you
won't
> see much compared to day time) and ST3/4 Olympic Spirit XPT (day).
Stops at
> Strathfield, Campbelltown to pick up/drop off respectively.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Eric

> Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)