Re: [NSW] Cab Photos (Important?)

I always thought that XPT drivers enjoy the view along the line
(Preferably Central Coast, Blue Mountains or Southernhigh Lands) but
they have to glue their eyes on the rails (And I'm sure you all know
why).

I'll try that sometime, By the way, is it possible to catch a
Contrylink XPT to a station in the Intercity Network? (Lets say Dungog
or Lithgow, Cost won't be a matter)

thanks
MAikha "V" Ly

8v082k$tlb$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8v082k$tlb$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > To all Ausrailers (Especially drivers)
> > >
> > > I'm writing to know about taking pictures in cabs of trains (Any
train
> > > in Aus. Preferably a T/G or V Set!).
> > >
> > > It was during the last holidays that I managed to get two shots
of a V-
> > > SET and G-SET cab (Unfortunately they didn't come out)
> > >
> > > the V-SET Cab was taken on the 10th of September (A sunday and
wasn't
> > > Olympic Period) and the G-SET Cab on the 17th of September (Guess
what
> > > day that was? but this day was 2days after Opening Ceremony).
> > > ===
> > > On the 10th I asked the driver of my train (8:32am or something
> > > intercity service to city from Penrith, OGTT) if I can take a
look in
> > > the cab but he said i "needed special permission from someone".
> > >
> > > Not giving up I find another V-SET just pulling in (Some service
from
> > > Wyong) and ask to take a look, success!! and I got a shot as
well! This
> > > driver was very kind treating me taking note I'm a train
enthusiast and
> > > obviously letting me in! (But he wasn't in uniform!)
> > >
> > > ===
> > > On the 17th I asked the driver of a G-SET (G7-olympic Service) If
I can
> > > look in the cab and grab a shot, sucess again!
> > >
> > > It was that afternoon (Catching the 5:18pm home to Penrith
[Followed by
> > > my "5:18pm Fiasco"]) I had a chat with the driver and guard (Who
were
> > > very kind people) of my next train (Arriving late) and they told
me
> > > they would let me in the cab..........but.............if the
Olympics
> > > weren't on for Security Reasons!! Yeah fair enough, but wait, what
> > > about the G7 pic hey??
> > > ===
> > >
> > > Now I know this is a fairly long story (Which some may not be
> > > interested to read) but I have to ask a few important Q's on Cab
photos
> > > (I asked some people hundred's and thousands of Q's on this
topic, if
> > > you can bother, re-write the info you've given me
> > >
> > > Thanks)
> > >
> > > Was there a legislation months back about security in the Cab?
> > > You're not allowed to ride in the cab right?
> > > Will I be breaking any rules/laws by entering a cab (With
Authorization
> > > from the driver)?
> > > Breaking rules/laws for images of the cab distributed on the net?
> > > Getting the driver in a big boo boo for letting me in the cab?
> > > Would a driver let me in the cab if I ask him politely and
pretend I'm
> > > an Ausrailer from Melbourne or even overseas?
> > >
> > > And..... will it be possible to market my website by giving
business
> > > cards to drivers/guards who let me in?? (Silly Question)
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Maikha "V" Ly
> > > http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
> > > P.S. I want the word "Ropsy" to be an official Aus.rail
abbreviation,
> > > P.P.S. "Invitation from the driver" would mean the driver
inviting us
> > > or asking the driver?
> > > P.P.P.S. Erk, I was out at Central on the 17th (Following your
Olympic
> > > shot of the tangara missing the target plate going on the
Springwood