Re: (NSW) NEW Desto's

Peter

"Peter Cook" <deletethispetercook@nospam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3a1636fb$0$19421$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a1636fb$0$19421$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
| Oh, so the destos 'quite often' display a correct destination??
|
| Shouldn't they ALWAYS display the correct destination?  If they don't,
then
| wtf are they there for?
|

| MrPC
| ICQ 58337073
|
| "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
| 3a15367c$0$19429$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a15367c$0$19429$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
| >
| > "Peter Cook"
| > > So what?  - I can't see destos ever being used on a network-wide basis
| >
| > They have been for quite some time.
| >

| > > (and
| > > if they are used, ppl would be stupid to look at them cos they never
| display
| > > the train's actual destination) :)
| >
| > They quite often do. My non-Tangara trains certainly do.
| >

| > > "abp"
| Tangara
| that
| > > can be displayed include City Via Airport , Macarthur Via Airport &
East
| > Hills
| > > ,
| message
| > > that can be diplayed.

I'm sure that Tezza (or someone else) will correct me if I'm wrong but the
driver can only select the correct destination when:

a) the train has a destination board fitted (which rules a lot of trains
out)

b) the driver knows how to use it (training issue) or is able to (eg keypad
not working, destination not provided, list of codes not in cabin)

c) the destination board works and hasn't been vandalised.

I'm going to ask a question here. Are these indicator boards the same type
as fitted to the later State Transit buses? If so, why is it so that State
Transit seem to have no real problems in this area compared to CityRail?

--
Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

Talk to the hand!