Re: Riggs Creek Smash

I totally agree on all the rationalisation and stuff, driver doing other
things when he should be driving etc..

But the only problem I have is the crew stopped the train short, got out
into another train and then crashed into the train they stopped short
(so they must have known it was hanging out the end of the loop).

Lesson number 1 from this accident would be to stop the train in the
loop and not short so it is hanging out the end (unless of course the
train is longer than the loop).

I find that stopping short a little bit of a worry to me.

Does Riggs Creek have the TAILS stuff?

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news