Re: Doncaster line revisited (Was: New form of rail transportation)

Thats the eastward extension to Ringwood. Daniel's talking about the
westward extension though Carlton.

TOgether they'll cost over a billion. Add to that a billion for the
Scoresby and the best part of another billion for the F18 and you have
three billion dollars. Forget about how many EMU's you could buy - that
kind of money could give melbourne and regional victoria the best
public transport in the world, fix up all the decaying rural roads,
hire an awful lot of nurses, and have plenty of change left over to
build some new schools.

Vaughan