Re: Wodonga Rail relocation

On Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:05:58 GMT, "Dave Proctor"
<daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>"Maurie Daly" <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
>39ffd9d0.31128612@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:39ffd9d0.31128612@can-news.tpg.com.au...
>
>> Given that the current running time from Wodonga Loop to Albury
>> Station is now only 10 mins , even if trains ran at 115 km/h all the
>> way ,all you would save is about 5 minutes.
>
>To Albury station. It is still not high speed running from Albury to just
>south of Table Top. If theyy could run tat 115km/h all thwe way from Wodonga
>to Table Top without stopping, it would have a vast impact on running times.

115 km/h from Table Top to km post 642.2 km ,95 km/h to km 644.88 km
35 km/h 645.88 km.
Albury Station Box is at 646.011 km.
You could only improve the running time for the last few kms.
Sectional running time for a class A superfreighter Table Top to
Albury is 11 mins for a distance of 15 km which is average speed of 82
km/h.
You might improve this by a few minutes ,but not much.
There isnt any suggestion of relocating Albury Station and you cant
run thru Albury Yard at 115 km/h ,as the thru road isnt straight and
it cant be straightened out without removing the road bridge just
north of Albury Station Box.
The thru road slews around the support pylons for the bridge.

>> In other words the saving in time is simply not worth re locating the
>> line.
>> Also, in NSW anyway , the XPT and other SRA trains always get priority
>
>And that is wrong (and that comes from someone who has had to sit at places
>along the North Coast because we have "lost our path".)
>
>Dave
It aint wrong on the main south where the XPT always gets
priority,especially between Harden and Goulburn where freights get
held almost daily at Yass J waiting for late running XPTs.

MD