Re: Wodonga Rail relocation

>     Last week we received a colored brochure delivered to our home "The
> way forward" talking about the the best solution for transport through
> Albury and Wodonga. This brochure was produced by Albury Wodonga
> Development Corp, Investment Albury Wodonga and the City of Wodonga.
>     These people want to relocate the railway line to bypass Wodonga on
> the opposite side to the existing Hume Fwy and to rip out all other
> track work including the Bandiana rail yards, also from their map it
> would also bypass the Wodonga coal siding area.  To justify moving the
> railway they say that in 10 years  the area opened up  would provide
> approx. 2000 new jobs..
>     At the same time while advocating the relocation of the rail line
> they are pushing for an internal freeway bypass of Albury which will
> follow the railway line all the way through Albury.

Why don't they just leave the railway alone and build the freeway
somewhere else.  Why should the railway line move for the roads?

The road lobby can get stuffed and leave the railway alone, they already
get too much money.

Long live the Railway!!!!

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news