Re: [Melb] More Trains Services (Suburban)

Redundant Sydney CityRail drivers left over from the Olympics plus the
few rookies that derailed trains by running into catchpoints or did a
SPAD.

(thread unsuccessfully hijacked)

In article <3a01550d$0$28140$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Rod [comtrain]" <Freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Boost for Melbourne's train services
> >
> > Melbourne's train companies are to offer more than 340 extra
services
> > beginning later this month.
> >
> > The Transport Minister, Peter Batchelor says it's the biggest
> > improvement
> > to the metropolitan train network, since the increase in services,
when
> > the
> > loop was introduced 15 years ago.
> >
> > There will be extra services during peak times and on weekends on
all
> > lines, starting on November 19.
>
> Gee thats good news!
> But I wonder how you could even think it will happen, when both
Companies
> are already, paying their Drivers not to take Long Service Leave, and
No
> body is working 10 shifts now. 12 is the Norm.
> Where will they get the trains from? Nobody is training Drivers, as
far as I
> know. Where will the Drivers come from?
> Rod [comtrain]

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |