Re: [Melb] More Trains Services (Suburban)

> Boost for Melbourne's train services
>
> Melbourne's train companies are to offer more than 340 extra services
> beginning later this month.
>
> The Transport Minister, Peter Batchelor says it's the biggest
> improvement
> to the metropolitan train network, since the increase in services, when
> the
> loop was introduced 15 years ago.
>
> There will be extra services during peak times and on weekends on all
> lines, starting on November 19.

Gee thats good news!
But I wonder how you could even think it will happen, when both Companies
are already, paying their Drivers not to take Long Service Leave, and No
body is working 10 shifts now. 12 is the Norm.
Where will they get the trains from? Nobody is training Drivers, as far as I
know. Where will the Drivers come from?
Rod [comtrain]