Re: [Melb] More Trains Services (Suburban)

In article <3a01be34@news.alphalink.com.au>,
  "Peter Parker" <parkerp@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

> Chris Gordon <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> 3A00DF19.26370F6D@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:3A00DF19.26370F6D@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...
> > Transcript of ABC news item:
> > ======================
> >
> > Boost for Melbourne's train services
> >
> > Melbourne's train companies are to offer more than 340 extra
services
> > beginning later this month.
>
> Now is that 340 services a day (unlikely!), week or month?
>
> Nothing on Peter Batchelor's website as yet.
>
> I also heard the news item (7pm 3LO).  The extra services were to be
> weekends and peaks, so presumably the northern and western lines
retain
> their 20 min headway during the week?  Also no reference to night
services.

> Does anyone have any more details on the services - whether it's an
odd
> extra one here and there, or whether they entail significant frequency
> increases on particular days (a 15-20 min minimum across the network
at all
> times would be good!).

Geez...i've been complaining about a crappy Main Northern line service
in Sydney for years now, half an hour for a suburban train. We can't
even sustain a good rail service for the main north in the off
peak/weekends...if the Melburnians can, well I mean Sydney surely can
at least match it...for the benefit of northern Sydney residents!!!

> Peter

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |
|Public Transport Ticketing @              |
|http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiwifruit |