Re: Glenreagh mountain Railway

Chris wrote:

> What happens if they demolish the road bridge and fill in the cutting, then
> rebuilding the road on top?
> That would be the easiest and cheapest option for the SRA, but it would
> leave the group at Dorrigo stranded.
> Have the SRA threatened that, and how could the DSR&M prevent it happening?

Blocking the line in this way would have been illegal up to circa 1993
as the Glenreagh to Dorrigo Railway was never officially closed until
then. It was closed by the Glenreagh to Dorrigo Railway Closure Act.
Part of the Act specified that the Line be subsequently used as a
Tourist Railway.

The section of line in question is still owned by State Rail, and it
still cannot deny access by simply filling the cutting in, as much as it
might like to. :)

--
Cheers,

Dennis

drittson@cia.com.au

http://www.cia.com.au/drittson/

"I think, therefore I am........I think."
Arthur C. Clarke