Re: Camden Trams

The last of the Camden tram was a great weekend. I was in Canberra on
vacation work, others came from Melbourne, quite a number of us slept in the
waiting room at Campbelltown and travelled on most of the last day's regular
trips. The tiger cutout was commander from the local service station and we
had the tiger in the tank. Lots of motorcaders on the road caused heaps of
congestion. One of the biggest fan turnouts to that time I think - certainly
as a Queenslander I hadn't seen anything like it. But also sad that a
heavily graded line that would have been fine with electric traction was cut
off - would it not be rather valuable now? or am I one-eyed. John Kerr