Re: Camden Trams

"John Kerr" <jkerr@gil.com.au> wrote:

> as a Queenslander I hadn't seen anything like it. But also sad that a
> heavily graded line that would have been fine with electric traction was cut
> off

Huh?  It would hardly have been "fine with electrification".

There were serious problems due to the alignment very close to an
increasingly busy main road that would have required attention, and
the steep gradient profile would still have kept service speeds very
low.

To continue in operation with any form of motive power, the line would
have required a massive capital investment.

Cheers,

Bill