Re: Glenreagh mountain Railway

"Chris" <chrisc@fl.net.au> wrote....

> I don't know why the SRA didn't give both groups notice to vacate the line

They tried that several times. Trouble was there was a 50 year lease.

>it will cost the SRA money some how in the future

Only for the costs the SRA agreed to in the settlement deed, and the loss on
selling all that land for $2.

>(Did the SRA have legal representation during that court case and who paid
for it?)

Not in the GMR vs DSRM case, but they certainly did in the DSRM vs SRA case.

> What really amazes me is how the SRA's legal department could allow
someone
> to move all that stuff on the line when it was (and probably still is) SRA
> property and they would be liable for any injuries.

The liability passed to DSRM with the 50 year lease, but when the SRA voided
the lease they got the liability back, as well as a court case. The bottom
half is now owned by GMR. DSRM will own the top half when they pay their $1
(after the SRA fix a bridge).