Re: Olympic Park workings

During the Games, the Central to Olympic Park runs returned to Central
only, and Blacktown to Olympic Park runs returned to Blacktown.

You could use approximately the same number of 8-car T sets on both SOP
and BOP runs to provide 15 trains per hour max on SOP and 10-12 trains
per hour on BOP.

In article <3a0418f7@pink.one.net.au>,
  "Bradley Torr" <btorr@bigpond.SPAMTRAP.com> wrote:
> Looking at the "CityRail Games Network" maps (the big ones with the
silver
> background), one can see that there are two lines running into Olympic
> Park - the Central to OLP and the Blacktown to OLP - according to
this map,
> it appears as though the SOP and BOP trains cross paths when entering
and
> exiting the OLP loop.
>
> Yesterday I travelled on the OLP line for the first time ever - apart
from
> the terrible wheel screeches (can't we get the Harris rail greaser up
here
> sometime! :-) ), I was quite impressed. I thought that there would
have been
> a flyover at the southern end of the loop to accomodate the cross-
overs
> between the SOP and BOP runs, but I couldn't find any.
>
> So, how did the Central-Olympic Park-Central and Blacktown-Olympic
> Park-Blacktown runs go? I can only surmise one of two things: (1)
That the
> map told a lie, and that services from Central continued through
Platforms
> 3/4 up to Lidcombe and Blacktown; and Blacktown-Olympic Park services
> continued onto Central on Platforms 1/2; or (2) that precision
signalling
> and points switching was used to facilitate the conflicts between the
two
> lines as shown on the Games Network map.
>
> Which one is correct?
>
> Regards,
> Bradley.

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |