Olympic Park workings

Looking at the "CityRail Games Network" maps (the big ones with the silver
background), one can see that there are two lines running into Olympic
Park - the Central to OLP and the Blacktown to OLP - according to this map,
it appears as though the SOP and BOP trains cross paths when entering and
exiting the OLP loop.

Yesterday I travelled on the OLP line for the first time ever - apart from
the terrible wheel screeches (can't we get the Harris rail greaser up here
sometime! :-) ), I was quite impressed. I thought that there would have been
a flyover at the southern end of the loop to accomodate the cross-overs
between the SOP and BOP runs, but I couldn't find any.

So, how did the Central-Olympic Park-Central and Blacktown-Olympic
Park-Blacktown runs go? I can only surmise one of two things: (1) That the
map told a lie, and that services from Central continued through Platforms
3/4 up to Lidcombe and Blacktown; and Blacktown-Olympic Park services
continued onto Central on Platforms 1/2; or (2) that precision signalling
and points switching was used to facilitate the conflicts between the two
lines as shown on the Games Network map.

Which one is correct?

Regards,
Bradley.