Re: Olympic Park workings

Trains from Sydney Terminal and those from Blacktown merge between
Flemington car sheds and the Great Western Highway overbridge.

Trains to Sydney Terminal and those to Blacktown diverge between the Great
Western Highway overbridge and Flemington car sheds.

The grade separation is the lines to/from Sydney crossing over the line to
Blacktown (but not the line from Blacktown) a couple of hundred metres to
the north of the car sheds.

The trains from both Sydney and Blacktown share the single line almost into
Olympic Park (OP) station where the lines diverge with trains using
platforms 1/2 being city bound and those using 3/4 being Blacktown (or other
points west) bound.  These lines merge again after leaving OP station and
diverge as mentioned above.

Trains to OP from the east can depart east or west just as trains from the
west can depart east or west.  A flexible arrangement.

Chris

3a0418f7@pink.one.net.au">news:3a0418f7@pink.one.net.au...