[NSW] Wish list for upgraded ticket vending machines + some observations

*  They generally work well, however the Tahoma font used on the touch
screen could perhaps changed to a nice looking one (like FranklinGothic
Medium or Frutiger Roman to complement CityRail/Olympic signage). The
Airport line

* Will all stations get the touch screens?

Wish list:
* be able to sell tickets from another origin. Say I'm at Central, and
want to travel to Strathfield, but then on the return trip I want to
travel to Chatswood. The machine should be able to sell a Chatswood and
Strathfield return for that purpose (and not have to queue up at the
ticket office!!). Applies to weeklies and CityHoppers as well.

* sell TravelTens (have a separate slot for the individual thermal-back
tickets)

* Accept $50 notes (but would that attract thieves to try and hammer
the machine to get to the $$$?)

Just another question: if the "old" press button style ticket machines
don't get upgraded to the new touch screen ones, will Airport line
tickets be able to be sold?

|Hubert              hubert@imap4.com      |
|Public Transport Ticketing @              |
|http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiwifruit |