Re: [NSW] Wish list for upgraded ticket vending machines + some observations

"Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
8u3emo$1ab$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8u3emo$1ab$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> *  They generally work well, however the Tahoma font used on the touch
> screen could perhaps changed to a nice looking one (like FranklinGothic
> Medium or Frutiger Roman to complement CityRail/Olympic signage). The
> Airport line

Let's not get picky about fonts shall we :) Frutiger Roman isn't exactly
easy to come by for Windows PCs - I assume they just used the nicest common
font. It is better looking then Times New if you ask me!

> * Will all stations get the touch screens?

I highly doubt it. I'd assume they're very expensive, and the money could be
spent elsewhere. The current push-button machines aren't too bad yet.

> Wish list:
> * be able to sell tickets from another origin. Say I'm at Central, and
> want to travel to Strathfield, but then on the return trip I want to
> travel to Chatswood. The machine should be able to sell a Chatswood and
> Strathfield return for that purpose (and not have to queue up at the
> ticket office!!). Applies to weeklies and CityHoppers as well.

I think that would encourage people to cheat on the tickets, skipping a few
stations here or there. Some silly people might not know where they are (or
forget!).

> * Accept $50 notes (but would that attract thieves to try and hammer
> the machine to get to the $$$?)

Eeek. The main purpose of this would probably be to avoid change problems.
$50 for a $1.10 ticket. You will take 2x$20.00, 1x$5.00, 2x$2.00, 1x$0.50, 2
$0.20. The change would be emptied in no time. Thieving might also be a
problem.