Re: [OT] ideal file size of a jpeg or gif image

OgO wrote:

> Maybe, but linux is getting more popular all the time.  I can't recall
> what I said this in reply to, but I was more thinking of requiring the
> latest version of IE or netscape with all the latest plugins... 99.99% of
> the time that would not be needed if sites were written better.

Linux is still too hard for the average person to use. Unless it gets
the "plug and play" flexibility of Windoze 95/98, it will remain an
operating system for computer enthusiasts. At the moment a Windoze PC is
the dominant platform for the average user.

As for my site, I have coded it in HTML without using any of those
crappy WYSIWYG editors. I have also refrained from using scripting as it
is unnecessary and only adds to the download times. It should be
compatible with any frames capable browser. If you don't have frames, I
have also made it possible to navigate it from the main page. I have
even tested it successfully with Lynx on a Unix machine. :-)

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au